We produce bags for a wide range of clients across all sorts of businesses, from small start-ups to global brands, charities to blue-chip companies and for all sorts of sectors, including retail, education, science, publishing, marketing and many, many more. We are passionate about what we do and are committed to making bags beautiful. To do this, we strive for the best quality materials, the best clarity of colour and the quickest service we can offer. We’re constantly pushing to ensure that all of our work impacts on the environment as little as possible, ethically sourcing all of our materials.
Cotton Bag Co is based in Westbury, Wiltshire with partner printing and manufacturing companies based in India and China and we continue to create bags for lots of wonderful small businesses, but we just so happen to do it for the likes of Wagamama, M&S, Schuh and many other well-known high-street and household brands. The size and scale might have changed, but the quality of the service we offer has always remained the same. So, while we’re young, we’re also a vibrant company and one which has all the necessary experience to make your bags beautiful.
If you’re happy then so are we! It may sound very simple, but that is the foundation of our ethical approach at Cotton Bag Co, for both people and the environment. We care about the world being a happier place and we recognise Cotton Bag Co’s responsibility as a global business to do all we can to have a positive impact and to reduce any negative impacts of our trade producing cotton bags.
We are concerned about everyone involved in getting our cotton bags to our customers, from our suppliers at home and abroad to our UK team. We are committed to ensure that we all do our bit to maintain high standards of practice.
We have workplaces that follow international labour standards and:
- Do not use any form of forced, bonded or involuntary labour
- Are respectful of personal differences and keep our workplaces free from discrimination and harassment
- Do not require workers to work extreme hours or work without adequate rest periods
- Do not use workers under the age of 18, or the minimum legal working age if higher than 18
- Keep our workplaces safe and hygienic with adequate fire exits, safe machinery and no danger from hazardous chemicals
- Pay a fair wage
We can’t avoid our business having some impact on the environment, but we do all we can to minimise any negative effects. We are committed to reduce waste, increase recycling, reduce pollution and our carbon footprint, and increase the use of eco-friendly, sustainable products.
We comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice, and:
- Use eco-friendly azo-free/lead-free dyes to colour cotton material
- Use eco-friendly water-based lead-free inks to print designs on the bags
- Use shipping instead of air freight wherever possible
- Use green energy in our UK office
- Use an Award Winner for Environmental Excellence, Hills Waste Ltd, for all our recycling in the UK
- Promote the use of producing recyclable and re-usable products made with renewable materials
In a nutshell, at Cotton Bag Co we respect and value our people and our planet and we choose to work with people who share our concerns and will work with us to maintain ethical and environmental standards producing cotton bags.
We have developed long-term relationships with suppliers and use independent certification schemes as well as our own first-hand knowledge from visits and regular communications.