GOTS – Global Organic Textile Standard
Cotton Bag Co has now achieved GOTS Certification!
This means that for any GOTS certified products that are purchased through us, the entire supply chain has been independently verified.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, all backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain. So, you can be sure your organic cotton bags have been carefully grown, manufactured and printed to the latest GOTS organic standard.
Five Reasons Organic Is A Sustainable Choice
- Combats Climate Change – natural growing methods are used throughout, which builds healthy soils and a better environment for the workers. The use of fossil fuel fertilisers is banned.
- Supports the Local Farmers and their Communities – Organic farmers grow other crops alongside the cotton. This provides a more diverse food supply and another source of income for their families and community.
- Eliminates Synthetic and Hazardous Pesticides – Natural methods like crop rotation are used to farm organic cotton to control the pesticides and diseases that can occur. The elimination of synthetic pesticides reduces the risk of a poisoned waterway that can endanger workers who do not have the correct safety equipment.
- Reuses and Reduces the use of Water – Due to the healthy soils used to grow organic cotton, these hold moisture for longer; resulting in less watering and more cotton growth in times of drought.
- Farmers have more Control – Organic farmers have a lot more control on the sowing of their seeds. They save and reuse their seeds year after year, without the need of Genetically Modified seeds given to them.
Why Choose Organic?
The farmers that grow organic cotton use methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Synthetic fertilisers and pesticides are not used throughout the process, which reduces the possibility of harming the surrounding wildlife and rivers. Organic cotton means it includes the whole supply chain. The GOTS standard ensures processes, chemicals and inks used meet the strict guidelines on toxicity and biodegradability.
All factory conditions abroad and in the UK must meet the strict standards. GOTS processors must meet the social criteria for all labourers throughout the chain. This includes workers’ wages, hours and social compliances.
What Does This Mean?
As a customer of ours, having the GOTS certification means Cotton Bag Co. can assure you that all your organic products with the GOTS label have been carefully processed from the crop to tote bag in a verified organic manner.
By purchasing organic products you also show your customers your ethical support – and will act as proof – that the products you sell have a sustainable and environmentally friendly origin.
What Did We Have To Do?
Cotton Bag Co. has completed a demanding auditing process to independently verify each step of the chain ensuring we meet all the GOTS standards. Our UK and Indian factory will then be audited every 12 months to ensure these high standards are maintained.
We are extremely proud to have gained our GOTS Certification, it aligns with our environmental and eco-policies ensuring that we are at all times considering our impact upon the people and the world around us.
What We Can Offer
Our organic cotton and canvas bags are manufactured in India in our Sedex and GOTS approved factory. We hold a large range of organic bags in the UK which can be screen or digitally printed. Our standard delivery time for UK printed bags is 10-15 working days, we also offer an express 7–10-day printing service for urgent last-minute orders.
Our factory in India can handle large volume orders including edge to edge printing. They are a GOTS approved facility and work to the same strict guidelines as our UK factory. The standard delivery time for offshore production is 12-14 weeks.
COMING SOON – GOTS organic clothing range!
Organic Printing Methods
Screen Print – we use GOTS certified water-based inks to screen print your designs on to your bag.
DTG – Our Digital Direct to Garment printing machine has been GOTS certified. This is great for those multicoloured or photographic designs.
To find out more information or to get a quote for certified organic products please contact our sales team.
View our listing on the official GOTS Website.
Download our GOTS Certificate